This February half term, Atria Watford is bringing children’s favourite stories to life in a series of fantastical and immersive story-telling adventures, free for all to enjoy.
Running from Monday 13 to Friday 17 February in the Atrium with no booking required, there will be multiple drop-in daily sessions for families to enjoy.
Set within a colourful fantasy world of giant characters, ‘Time for Stories’ takes children on a magical and interactive journey. Join Bertie The Book Worm, the Not-so-bad wolf, humpty dumpty and the egg soldiers for a week of imaginative play perfect for little ones with big imaginations.
It’s going to be a packed week of storytelling at Atria this half-term, so come and get comfy in the beanbags and hear stories come to life with those magical words, ‘Once upon a time’.
Atria will also be joined by local author and inspiration Betsy Griffin as a VIP guest. Betsy joined Atria to open ‘Santa’s Flight School’ in December and is now returning to promote storytelling. In 2022, Betsy, who is blind and is a brain tumour patient, wrote a book called Out of the Woods, featuring powerful lessons about positivity, kindness and hope. It tells the story of a little girl who gets lost and befriends a dog.
Come along and try one of the sessions below, full timings and event details can be found here.
● 13 February: Fairy Tale Trails. Red Riding Hood and the Not-so-Bad-Wolf evoke scenes from age-old stories that everyone can join in with.
● 14 Feb: Wonderland Adventures. Follow the White Rabbit and Alice down the rabbit hole on this playful adventure complete with Flamingo croquet!
● 15 Feb: Hungry Readers. Butterflies, Bonny and Beau will fly in and settle down to tell a magical tale of transformation.
● 16 Feb: Humpty Dumpty. Join this storytelling treasure hunt with the Egg Soldiers to find all Humpty’s pieces and put him back together!
● 17 Feb: Magical Musings (on the hour 11, 12pm, 1-2 closed for Lunch break, 2pm, 3pm). With spellbinding stories that turn muggles into magicians, this story session is guaranteed to capture imaginations and includes a wand-making craft.
Niamh Crowley, Marketing Manager at Atria Watford says: “We are so excited to be bringing stories to life for families this half-term as we know how important reading is in their lives and we want to ensure it’s something they can all enjoy. This is going to be an exciting and enchanting event for so many children and we can’t wait to see the smiles on their faces. The Atria team are also thrilled to be hosting Betsy and her family again this year”.
Full timings and event details can be found here.
Don’t forget families can have a full day of activities at Atria Watford, from bowling to cinema to delicious lunches, find out more here https://atriawatford.com/ . Stay connected on social with Atria Watford at: