Watford Borough Council is hosting a new networking event to tell local businesses about updates on developments, opportunities and challenges for the town, and to showcase local schemes, initiatives and business support.
The event – otherwise known as the Watford Business Connect – will take place on Tuesday 21 March from 3.45pm at The Business Lounge located in West Herts College. It will be held twice a year for all companies and sole traders in the town and will be a mix of speaker sessions, panel discussions and networking.
Hosted by the Elected Mayor of Watford, Peter Taylor, with support from our partners, including the local Chamber of Commerce, BID, and business support organisations, the event in March will give businesses the opportunity learn, connect and collaborate with their peers. Those interested in attending can book at watford-business-connect.eventbrite.co.uk and speakers include:
- 4.10pm – What’s happening in Watford? Update on local plans, initiatives and developments – Donna Nolan, Chief Executive Officer, Watford Borough Council
- 4.20pm – Why Watford is a great opportunity – Ghislaine Halpenny, Regal London
- 4.30pm – What’s happening in Atria and exciting future plans – Simon Plumb, Atria
- 4.50pm – Break, afternoon tea, networking
- 5.10pm – Watford’s Skills and Employment Plan – tackling skills and recruitment shortages -Amanda Washbrook – West Herts College
- 5.25pm – Challenges and opportunities for our town: panel Q&A discussion
Elected Mayor of Watford, Peter Taylor, said: “Maintaining a positive and productive relationship between the council and local businesses is crucial for the economy and growth of the town. This event presents us with a great opportunity to share our plans and current projects with the community and establish new connections with businesses and residents.
“Additionally, it provides a platform for exchanging ideas and feedback, ensuring that the council’s decisions and actions align with the needs and aspirations of businesses. By strengthening our bond with the local businesses, we aim to foster a collaborative and inclusive partnership that benefits everyone.”
For more information, please visit www.watfordbusiness.com.